Monday, February 22, 2010

HARVEST by haroshi "Skate & Destroy" Exhibition

HARVEST by haroshi has been a refreshing take on recycled artwork, known for producing various items out of used skate decks. Showcasing all of the collective’s work throughout the years, they recently held an exhibition at the PLSMIS Gallery in Tokyo.

"Skate decks eventually see its life shortened by snapping, cracking and/or wearing out. Purchasing new decks is a never ending cycle and this was evident by the tower of old decks that were reaching to the ceiling of my room. We can’t throw away these decks because they hold sentimental meanings to us. I looked at these unusable decks every day and thought there must be something I can make with these. I decided to make some accessories with the old decks and this was the birth of Harvest. The works of Harvest are through the perspectives of a skater and as an artist. As a skater, I want to take responsibility of reusing skateboards when they were no longer useable. Also, as an artist I want to explore the possibilities of what can be done with skateboards. We see the care and effort that a skater can have for his/her deck and we also acknowledge the origins of a skateboard. We believe that if the small things we do can connect to sustainability then we’re doing something right. We’d be satisfied in our effort when people look at products and start thinking of ways to recycle."

9 comments:

backlink service said...

Hey, I tried to email you regarding this post but can't seem to reach you. Please email me when get a moment. Thanks.

quality backlinks said...

Have you ever ever thought of including just a little bit extra than simply your ideas? I imply, what you say is essential and everything. But its obtained no punch, no pop! Possibly in the event you added a pic or two, a video? You could have such a more powerful weblog when you let people SEE what youre talking about instead of simply studying it. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good source like this.

link building services said...

I was questioning what's up with that weird gravatar??? I do know 5am is early and I am not wanting my greatest at that hour, however I hope I do not appear like this! I would however make that face if I'm requested to do one hundred pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there are not much good source like this.

link building packages said...

I used to be wondering if you want to be a guest poster on my web site? and in trade you may include a link your submit? Please reply whenever you get a chance and I will ship you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

Hey, I tried to email you regarding this post but can't seem to reach you. Please email me when get a moment. Thanks.

so dep said...

Hello, I saw a three of your attention-grabbing posted posts and needed to ask in the event you would be interested in reciprocal pages? Crew have weblog about alexis texas ass! Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like this.

link wheel said...

Assets just like the one you talked about here might be very helpful to me! I will submit a link to this page on my blog. I am positive my guests will discover that very useful. Big thanks for the helpful info i discovered on Domain Information Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

linkwheel said...

Please inform me it labored right? I dont want to sumit it once more if i should not have to! Either the weblog glitced out or i am an idiot, the second option doesnt shock me lol. thanks for an amazing blog! Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good supply like this.

xl pharmacy said...

Awesome artwork, the creativity and the originality is just mind-blowing. Great post.